Beat the Peak - Commercial Pledge
What is the Beat the Peak - Commercial Pledge Pilot?
ESB Networks' Beat the Peak Commercial Pledge pilot is open for participation to any small, medium business or large commercial, semi-state and public sector organisations who are willing to ‘pledge’ to specific actions or measures to reduce their energy consumption at winter peak times (5pm - 7pm), regardless of their qualification for / participation in other programmes and markets.
This pilot initiative is designed to encourage a wide range of organisations to join the national movement to ‘Beat the Peak’ this winter by reducing demand on Ireland's electricity network at peak demand.
Who is eligible and how do I sign up?
- If you are a small, medium business or large commercial, semi-state or public sector organisation who is willing to ‘pledge’ actions to reduce your electricity demand at peak periods you are eligible for this pilot.
- You can express your interest in signing up to Beat the Peak – Commercial Pledge at email@example.com.
Grace Park Educate Together School pledges to support Beat the Peak
The school will help Beat the Peak by reducing electricity consumption through the following initiatives:
Educating children on the specific actions or measures they can do at home and at school to reduce their energy consumption at winter peak times (5pm - 7pm).
Creating awareness of peak times through their Green School Committee.
Putting sustainability at the heart of their school ethos.
Accenture pledges to help Beat the Peak this winter
Accenture will help Beat the Peak this winter by reducing electricity consumption during peak times (5 – 7pm) through the following initiatives:
- Switching off large digital screens and audio equipment in office buildings
- Encouraging staff to unplug laptops during peak hours and run off battery power m
- Powering off heating and cooling systems in Accenture offices
- Turning off lights that are not in use and replacing traditional bulbs with LEDs
- Engage employees through targeted internal campaigns
An Post pledges to help Beat the Peak this winter by:
- Moving EV fleet charging outside of peak demand times of 5pm to 7pm
- Ramping down on energy intensive plant in sorting office during peak times of 5pm to 7pm
- Introducing a variety of energy saving measures in their offices