Reconnecting supply to an Existing Property

Reconnecting Supply

Reconnecting Supply

If you are moving into an existing house or business premises and the electricity is disconnected, you first need to find out how long it has been disconnected.


To get this information please contact 1800 372 757 or +353 21 2386555 or e-mail with your MPRN or your meter number.


Depending on the length of time the premises has been disconnected, select the relevant section below for further information to getting connected.

Depending on the length of time the premises has been disconnected, select the relevant option:

Contact an electricity supplier and register as a customer. Your supplier then arranges to get the property reconnected. 

Contact an electricity supplier and register as a customer.

If the property has been disconnected for more than six months, you need to get the wiring checked and certified by a registered electrical contractor. When the check is completed, your electrician will issue a Certificate of Completion to their approved regulatory body. The validated certificate will then be electronically submitted to us. Your electricity supplier can then arrange for the property to be reconnected. 

Read more about the Certification Process.


Due to the length of time the electricity is disconnected, you will need to apply for a new connection.


You can apply online here for a Domestic Application. 


You can apply online here for a Commercial Application.

In line with HSE Guidelines and recent Government Restrictions, ESB Networks is only accepting applications via our Online Connections Platform until further notice.  Any customer who cannot access our Online Platform should email for assistance.


A site visit may be required to assess the situation and if no additional work is needed to bring the connection point up to current standards, the house can be reconnected on payment of a re-energisation charge.  However, if the connection point is not up to current standards it will be treated as a new connection and a full new connection charge (PDF | 629 KB) applies.

Note: Once you have your MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) you should register with an Electricity Supplier of your choice. A list of Suppliers is available on