Become an apprentice at ESB Networks
Our 2022 Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanical Apprenticeship Recruitment Campaign is now closed for applications.
Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanical Apprenticeship.
We offer a 4-year paid programme leading to a QQI Level 6 Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic Trade Certification.
We have roles available in: Dublin, Sligo, Cork, Limerick and Portlaoise.
Working as a Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanical Apprentice you will:
- Work as part of a team
- Earn while you learn
- Combine classroom based learning with on-the-job training
- Gain an internationally recognised QQI Level 6 Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic Trade Certification.
Why join our Electrical Apprenticeship programme?
(Applications open March 2023)
We offer a 4-year paid programme leading to QQI advanced level 6 Electrical trade certificate (minimum age 16).
- Operate in a team environment
- Class room based learning combined with practical experience
- Combines college and on-the-job training
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Internationally recognised qualification QQI advanced level 6 Electrical trade certificate
ESB Networks Apprentice Network Technician of the Year
Every Year, four final year ESB Networks Electrical Apprentices compete in our Apprentice Network Technician of the year competition. Our apprentices take on challenges that Network Technicians face daily, which highlights the role we play in connecting Ireland to a clean electric future.