1. Send in a request using one of the following options:
- Send a letter outlining your request to: ESB Networks DAC., Freedom of Information Office, 5th Floor, Clanwilliam House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- Submit your request as an email to foi@Esbnetworks.ie
- Download the FOI Application Form (DOC | 312 KB) as a Word document, fill it in and email it back to
- Download the Freedom of Information Application Form (PDF | 484 KB) and post to: ESB Networks DAC., Freedom of Information Office, 5th Floor, Clanwilliam House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Your FOI request should include the following:
- Declaration that the request is being made under the Freedom of Information Act
- As much detail as possible about the requested records
- Format you wish to receive any records released in (e.g. photocopies)
- Your contact information.
Please note that proof of identity is required in the case of an FOI request for personal information.
2. Receive an acknowledgement
We will issue a letter of acknowledgement to you within 10 working days (excluding public holidays) of your request being received. The next stages of the process will be clearly explained in this letter.
3. Decision is issued
A decision will normally be issued within 20 working days of the receipt of your request. If an extension is necessary to facilitate the completion of the request, we will contact you and explain the requirement.
Please contact our FOI Unit if you require any assistance in making a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2014 via post at:
ESB Networks DAC, Freedom of Information Office
5th Floor, Clanwilliam House,
Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2