New Home in a new Housing/Apartment Development

Construction Development

New Home in a new Housing Estate or Apartment Development

If you are moving into a new home in a new housing or apartment development then just follow the steps below.

Step by Step Guide

To arrange your new connection you will first need to get the Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) and Maximum Import Capacity (MIC) for your new premises.  Your developer or the builder can provide you with these.
Choose an electricity supplier. You should first register with an electricity supplier. View a list of all electricity suppliers.

Get the connection turned on - once you are registered with your supplier, they will ask us to turn on your electricity connection.  In order for this to happen, the builder's registered electrical contractor must have sent a wiring certificate for your property to his/her regulatory body, confirming that the builder/developer has completed all works to ESB Networks' specifications.

Go live. Once all of the above is completed, the builder’s electrician can switch on the electricity in your new home.