Electricity Network by 2030
Our Vision is that by 2030 our Network will have:
- 8 GW of solar PV-based generation.
- Up to 30,000 grid edge devices.
- Increasing amounts of energy storage and customer flexibility.
- Up to 1 Million Electric Vehicles on our roads.
- 9 GW of on-shore wind generation and 5 GW of off-shore wind generation and an additional 2 GW offshore wind for green hydrogen production.
- 2.6 Million Smart Meters in homes and businesses.
- 680,000 homes that are equipped with e-heat capacity.
Our Strategy in ESB Networks until 2030 is framed by the Government's Climate Action Plan. It is driven by ESB Networks' central role in leading the transition to a secure and affordable low-carbon future, using clean electricity. The transition to a Net Zero society no later than 2050 will be enabled by a Net Zero Ready Distribution Network by 2040.Networks for Net Zero Strategy Document
ESB Networks’ Environmental Policy
At ESB Networks, we are committed to proactively caring for the environment and conducting our activities in an environmentally responsible way.
We have developed a Policy Statement on the Environment which outlines our commitment to the environment in more detail.
European DSO Sustainable Grid Charter
ESB Networks has signed up to the European Distribution System Operators Sustainable Grid Charter. With the Sustainable Grid Charter, E.DSO and its members state their commitment to Sustainability, with regard to, not only climate and environmental issues but also social and governmental issues, both now and in the future.