Only environmental information can be requested under the Regulations; "environmental information" means any information in written, visual, aural, electronic or any other material form on:
1. the state of the elements of the environment, such as and atmosphere, water, soil, land, landscape and natural sites including wetlands, coastal and marine areas, biological diversity and its components, including genetically modified organisms and the interaction among these elements;
2. factors, such as substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste, including radioactive waste, emissions, discharges and other releases into the environment, affecting or likely to affect the elements of the environment;
3. measures (including administrative measures), such as policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements, and activities affecting or likely to affect the elements and factors referred to in paragraphs (a) and (b) as well as measures or activities designed to protect those elements;
4. reports on the implementation of environmental legislation;
5. cost-benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions used within the framework of the measures and activities referred to in paragraph (c); and
6. the state of human health and safety, including the contamination of the food chain, where relevant, conditions of human life, cultural sites and built structures in as much as they are, or may be, affected by the state of the elements of the environment referred to in paragraph (a) or, through those elements, by any of the matters referred to in paragraphs (b) and (c).
Please note that certain environmental information relating to our business is already publically available through the Environmental Protection Agency's website www.epa.ie or requests can be made directly to the Environmental Protection Agency. Similarly, information submitted by ESB Networks DAC as part of the planning process is also publicly available through the relevant local authority's website or An Bord Pleanála's website www.pleanala.ie, or by contacting the relevant bodies directly.