Since its launch in 2018, we have developed the electricity network and installed a range of new technologies across the Dingle peninsula. As part of the project, to date we have undertaken and achieved:
- Three full retrofits undertaken in Ambassador’s homes and businesses.
- Installation of 25 Solar PV panels completed in various locations across the peninsula.
- 17 Electric Vehicles rolled out as part of the EV Trial.
- Installation of Ambassador Battery Management Systems scheduled for Q2 2021
- Installation of Home Energy Monitoring Systems & Greencom Hubs for all trial participants scheduled for Q2 2021
- Collaborating with industry, regulation, academia and policy owners, and undertaking the trial in close partnership with key stakeholders to help achieve the project objectives; IERC, MaREI, UCD, Solo Energy.
- We have an increased vision of the MV (Medium Voltage) Network, contributing to increased reliability of our electrical network.
- We have increased remote control and automation of MV network devices which enables faster customer restoration times in the event of power outages. This allows for reduced Customer Interruptions (CIs) and reduced Customer Minutes Lost (CMLs). It will also support better operational efficiency and an increase in safety.
- Installation of LV (Low Voltage) Vision Devices to enable remote monitoring of customer transformers and make decisions on application of electrical loads. This will support faster response times to customer requests for increased loads.
- We have installed profile meters in customer premises to study the effects of the electrification of heat and transport and other Renewable technologies on customer energy profiles/usage.
- We now have visibility of the entire Low Voltage Network on the Dingle peninsula and recording of each LV asset in ESB Networks databases.
- Ongoing design and testing of software applications and modelling required to perform full assessment of the technical component of the trial.
Expression of Interest for Partnering with ESB Networks on Peer-to-Peer Energy Trial
We recently sought Expressions of Interest from domestic electricity suppliers to become a partner on a Peer-to-Peer Energy trial as part of the Dingle demonstration project.
Please note that the period for the submission of Expressions of Interest is now closed.
Dingle Project on Radio Kerry
Listen to Fergal Egan, ESB Networks Dingle Project Manager and Dingle Project Ambassador, Colm Kennedy talk about Solar PV technology in the context of the Dingle Project on Radio Kerry.
Listen to Fergal Egan, ESB Networks Dingle Project Manager and Dingle Project Ambassador, Rory McKeown talk about Air Source Heat Pump technology in the context of the Dingle Project on Radio Kerry.
Active Energy Citizen
Watch Fergal Egan, The Dingle Project Manager at ESB Networks, host EEI webinar focusing on what ESB Networks is doing to enable the Active Energy Citizen across the Dingle peninsula.
Speak to our Project Team
If you would like to learn more about the Dingle Project or wish to speak to a member of the Project Team