Electronic Domestic Meters
What type of electronic domestic meter do I have?
To identify the type of meter you have, look at the descriptions below.
24 Hour Electronic Meters
- Read the figures on the front screen from left to right, including all digits.
- Meters may display an arrow ->, this is not a decimal point.
Day & Night Electronic Meters
Push the display button to scroll through the information on the screen.
- 2 will be visible to the left of the Day Reading
- 1 will be visible to the left of the Night Reading
- Read from left to right, including all of the digits.
- Meters may display an arrow ->. This is not a decimal point.
Elster A1140 Micro Generation Meters
Push the button (or read auto-scroll) to display the information in the table below.
Description of Meter Display
|1||Default Display Total import kWh 24hr|
|4||Total import 24hr kWh 24hr/7 Day|
|5||Import Day kWh (Rate 2) 08:00 – 23:00 7 Day/Week|
|6||Import Night kWh (Rate 1) 23:00 – 08:00 7 Day/Week|
|7||Total Export 24hr kWh 24hr/7 Day|
|8||Export Weekday kWh (Rate 6) 08:00 – 21:00 Mon to Fri|
|9||Export Night & W/E kWh (Rate 5) 21:00 – 8:00 Mon to Fri & all Weekend|
|10||This screen will say InsPF|
|11||This is the day reading - it will say TOUactive2|
|12||This is the night reading - it will say TOU 1|
|13||This is the wattless reading - it will say CUM1|
|14||This is the total 24 hr reading - it will say CUM|
Safety Tip:Please be careful when reading your meter, especially if it is up high or in an inaccessible place.