Energy Events and Rewards
What are energy events?
Energy events are times when we have adequate available renewable energy you can take advantage of, or at times when we have less renewable energy available.
There are two different types of energy events:
- Peak events
- Flexibility events
- A "peak event" is when there are lots of people using electricity at the same time and there is not enough renewable energy generation to supply electricity demand.
- This means that during peak events electricity is more expensive, more carbon intensive, and it may be less secure.
A ‘flexibility event’ occurs in two scenarios in which we may ask you to be flexible with how and when you use your electricity:
- When there is surplus renewable electricity generation, we may encourage you to take advantage of the available renewable energy as it is less expensive and less carbon intensive at this time.
- When there is less renewable energy generation available, this is a good time to take control of your electricity usage by avoiding electricity-heavy appliances such as your tumble dryer, dishwasher and iron.
How to Earn Rewards
- Once you are signed up, we will occasionally contact you by email or SMS to see if you can take action when during energy events.
- These events occur at times when we have adequate available renewable energy you can take advantage of, or at times when we have less renewable energy available.
- If you can take the suggested action when asked, if your MPRN is linked to your ESB Networks Online Account and you complete a short survey after the event, you will be eligible for a reward in the form of a voucher.