Keeping You & your neighbours connected.
FAQ's COVID-19 January 2021
All you need to know about ESB Networks response to Covid-19
We understand this continues to be an incredibly challenging time for many of our customers, employees and stakeholders. We want to reassure you that we are working to ensure the electricity network remains secure and reliable during these uncertain and unprecedented times. ESB Networks activities are deemed essential and we will continue to work during the Pandemic, ensuring staff, contractor and general public safety whilst maintaining security of electricity supply. Our approach is as follows:
- In-keeping with the spirit of Government advice which is asking "each individual, workplace and organisation to play their part in curtailing the spread of the virus".
- Where it is absolutely necessary for us to carry out works in our customers’ premises, we will only do so with agreement from the customers involved in advance and all works will be in line with Covid-19 procedures.
- We will continuously monitor delivery capability which may require certain activities to be prioritised and there may be some impact to our timelines.
In response to Level 5+ Government Guidelines we endeavour to reduce the Impact of Planned Outages on our Customers.
- For January 2021, ESB Networks is taking additional steps to minimise the impact of planned outages on our customers:
- Specific major ESB Networks programmes that impact our customers will be paused to reduce large scale outages for our customers.
- National Metering programmes, such as meter reading and smart meter installation activities will be paused.
- Our work is critical to ensuring our network remains reliable, secure and safe, this unfortunately means that our customers may be affected by unavoidable power outages. However, we will continue to endeavour to minimise the impact on our customers by introducing additional outage management measures such as minimising the duration and number of customers impacted, to ease the burden of these outages.
- Outages may also be caused by bad weather and falling trees. ESB Networks will work to repair damage and minimise these outages as quickly and safely as possible.
- We will continue to connect customers to the network, with priority given to critical connections and COVID response. Connections to the network will continue to proceed in line with Government guidelines in level 5 +. We are working within the restrictions and additional risk assessments that are required to help keep our customers and staff safe so this may cause some delays to our services. In light of this we will be prioritising critical connections such as healthcare and other essential services.
- ESB Networks is undertaking additional measures for our ongoing customer services. Some of these changes include staff working from home and as a result we are asking our customers to use our online services where possible.
- To report a power outage click https://www.esbnetworks.ie/apps/faultlogging
- If you have a power outage, you can check for an estimated restoration time here https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/
- To apply for a New Connection click here https://www.esbnetworks.ie/new-connections
- To send in a meter reading:
Phone:1800 337 777 / (021 2386444) OR click Here
OR TEXT your reading to 087 960 9223 in the format: MPRN (space), Reading.
Phone 1800 372 757 (021 2386555) OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Open 8.30am - 6 pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am - 1.30pm on Saturday excluding public holidays).