Provide initial information
The first step is for the developer to Contact Us and outline the proposed development and its electricity needs.
Receive Letter of Agreement and quote
Having reviewed the requirements of the development and ascertained that a new 110kV or 38kV substation is needed to cater for the proposed load, we will issue a Letter of Agreement and quote based on the work required to provide a full detailed design to the Developer.
Accept the terms of offer
The Developer may then accept the terms contained in the letter of Agreement in respect of Design work by:
Getting a 'Design Bond' executed by an appropriate financial institution and returning the executed bond to ESB Networks.
Signing and returning the attached 'Acceptance of Offer Form' for the design work.
These documents must be received by ESB Networks within three months of the letter being issued.
Issue Letter of Agreement with respect to the construction work
Once the design is finalised and the HV substation site has been transferred to ESB Networks, we will issue a Letter of Agreement with respect to the works that will need to be done to connect the load.
Accept the terms of the Letter of Agreement with respect to the construction work
The developer may then accept terms in the Letter of Agreement in respect of Construction work as follows.
- By payment of any capital contribution charge associated with the following:
- In cases where the least-cost technically acceptable solution is not acceptable, the developer will be required to pay for any additional costs.
- If a request is made to site the substation in a non-optimal location the additional costs associated with locating the substation in the requested location will be charged for.
- By having the 'Capacity Bond' executed by an appropriate financial institution and returning the executed bond to ESB Networks.
- Signing and returning the Acceptance of the Offer form in respect of Construction Works.